Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Preventing Heart Disease and other Heart Disease topics.
Ways to decrease your risk of cardiovascular disease include:
· Choosing an overall healthy eating pattern
· Achieving and maintaining an appropriate weight
· Achieving and maintaining a desirable cholesterol profile and blood pressure level
· Cessation of tobacco usage
· Participating in 30 minutes of physical activity three or four days of each week
· Controlling diabetes through diet and, if necessary, medication