Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about What is Heart Disease? and other Heart Disease topics.
“Metabolic syndrome” is the collective term for a cluster of health problems that can put a person at high risk for cardiovascular disease. A person has metabolic syndrome if they have any three of the following problems:
· A waist circumference of at least 40 inches for males, or 35 inches for females
· A triglyceride level at or above 150 milligrams per deciliter
· A High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) level at or below 40 milligrams per deciliter for males, or 50 milligrams per deciliter for females
· A blood pressure level at or above 130 systolic or 85 diastolic
· A fasting glucose level at or above 110 milligrams per deciliter